POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brass Lamp : Re: Brass Lamp Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brass Lamp
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 24 Sep 2009 04:59:55
Message: <4abb350b@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote in message
news:4ab9e2ac@news.povray.org...
> That big shadow carving out a triangle on the back wall is not made by the
> lamp flame I guess? or is it? I cannot relate it to something and it is
> what troubles me :-)
>
> Thomas

There is a big window and you are seeing the shadow of the framework of that
window (half moon shape in center with panels forming a larger half moon).
Having the light from the lamp as the only light source was a problem. The
wideness of the base just under the lamp globe made a zone of darkness and I
needed an outside light source to get the lamp base looking like I wanted.

Jim